Friday, June 20, 2008

The cats are away but the mice can't play

What do you do on a Friday afternoon when the bosses have flown the coop but the staff is still stuck at work... Start blogging of course! Maybe not the wisest career move but it passes the time. So welcome to my collection of random thoughts. Even I can't always explain what goes on in my head but here's the place where I'm going to ramble about it. If you're brave enough to read it once, thank you. If you're brave enough to come back for more, I'm sorry. Really. I am. Sincerely.

So today's random thought... I hate working Fridays. For the last many years I've been lucky enough to get every other Friday off. Love those... Really, who doesn't want to spend Friday on the couch in her fuzzy slippers. The problem with my schedule... The OTHER Friday. The ones I have to spend at the office. Especially when all of the partners are out playing and we are stuck in the office. Spring has finally sprung in Wisconsin (Good thing since it's officially summer) and the sun shining through my office windows is taunting me. Again, probably shouldn't complain since I actually have windows and the rest of the staff doesn't but still... I hate when the sun taunts me. It was easier to be here this morning when it was gray, cloudy and looked like a storm was brewing. A storm would have been cool... But instead it's sunny and I have another hour and a half 'til quittin' time. Bugger.

No comments: