Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Things I love

Lunch inspired today's theme... Which is kinda funny actually, since I'm still not thrilled with reaching the conclusion that my Dr is right and gluten is not so much my friend- Lunch was Amy's Rice Mac n Cheese and I gotta tell you, I love this stuff! The rice noodles are absolutely not discernible from regular pasta and the cheese sauce is so creamy and cheesy, what's not to love?! After thought to that one- last night I made spaghetti using Trader Joe's Brown Rice Pasta... Again, not a lick of difference between this pasta and it's wheat-laden counterpart. So YAY! I found pasta that doesn't feel like a sacrifice or a poor substitute!

Another thing I love- fresh fruit. Summer really is the best time of year to eat. Since finding myself needing to find munchies that won't cause more heartburn, I've been buying all kinds of fresh fruit- always knew I loved it, just got away from eating it. No more! I shall eat fresh berries and watermelon until I burst!

More food- beef roast, mashed 'taters and corn. OK, probably a bit carb-heavy for today's food pyramid but you know what, I don't care. It's my version of a Happy Meal. Added bonus- virtually no cooking with the aid of my Crock Pot and Yoder's Homestyle Mashed Potatoes. Gotta love when putting dinner on the table's that easy.

So of course there are things I love that don't involve food. Like good news from a friend yesterday. Can't spill the beans on the particulars but I couldn't be more excited if it were my own news! I love having people in my life to share both the highs and lows with and it's such a great feeling to be as excited for someone else's happiness as for my own! Makes every day like Christmas.

Then there's the fun of a trip to my favorite place on earth, Ye Olde Schoolhouse. Getting to chat with Jeannie while fondling bolts of delicious fabric- hardly gets better than that!

The odd one- having a cannon and knowing how to use it! It's just such an odd life skill I can't help but love it! Though I could live without driving it through toll plazas again for a good long time. Didn't love that so much... But I proved to myself that I can do it and I do love that!

OK off to think up more things I love. Wait... No, I should probably work now.

3 comments:

hlg said...

I LOVE Amy's products!! Being lactose intolerant, when I hanker for Mac n Cheese, I go for the Soy Mac and Chreez... or whatever she calls it. :) I don't know if its gluten free--but I do love that its right on the outside front of the box!

Suzy said...

For a newby to the "special diet" world it sure does make it easier when it's right on the front of the box! Now if only it wasn't so damned expensive!

Anonymous said...

That you get as excited for other people as if the news was your own only goes to show once again what a great friend you are! And who doens't love roast beef and mashed potatoes????