Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I'm better today...

But it's just cuz my Madden 2009 with Brett Favre on the cover wearing the jersey he's supposed to always wear arrived today.  Will I ever actually play the game... doubtful.  Lets face it, Celebrity Death Match is the only game I've ever actually "mastered" on my PS2 and that's just because all you have to do is randomly push buttons to be successful.  Anything involving strategy or an actual command of what the buttons are supposed to do is entirely beyond my skill set.  Why then, you ask, did I spend 40 of my hard earned dollars on a video game I'll never play... Because it was entertaining when Favre was slated to be the first ever retired player to get the cover shot on Madden.  Now that he's a Jet but the game was released with him in a Packer jersey it's a must own.  Maybe it'll be a collectors item some day.  Probably not but damn it I'm still not ready to accept that my QB is going to be announced as the starter for someone else's team so this is what I do to sooth my football soul.  And I'm ok with that.

No comments: